Monday, January 25, 2010

Three months already?!

It is hard to believe that it has been a month since Christmas has passed and three months since I last did an update. I keep meaning to sit down and let you know what is going on, but life seems to get in the way of my plans at times.

Instead of apologizing, again, for not writing sooner, why don't I just catch you up on what I have been up to these last few months.

Girlfriend:
I don't have, but am praying that the Lord will her my way soon.

The Holidays:
The Holidays this year were much better than last year.
Once again I had to work on Thanksgiving, but was able to celebrate it with some friends and their family. Though I was able to enjoy some turkey and some traditional Thanksgiving dishes, it was the fellowship that made this holiday enjoyable.
I also had to work again on Christmas day, but I was able to celebrate Christmas with some friends that following Saturday. Things worked out where a small group from the College English Bible study were able to join the party of another OMF partner. We had a Christmas part where we talked, ate, talked, had a gift exchange, and then we took some time to tell the real story of Christmas and why we celebrate it. As you can see Christmas this year was much better.

A Fiancee:
I don't see one on the horizon, but I am praying for what I cannot see.

Work:
I am still holding down my two jobs. I work twenty hours a week, but don't let the number of hours fool you, twenty hours here at a cram school is equivalent to a forty hour job back in the states. I am still enjoying my jobs, and I believe that my bosses are still happy with me.

Ministry:
With my new jobs I have a different schedule than I did before, so I have some time freed up to be able to get involved in a couple of ministries.
I have gotten involved with the College English Bible study this last semester. Currently there are four people involved in it. The couple that started it three years ago, Matt and Holly. A girl who is also an OMF partner, Carmen; another girl who teaches at the English school and goes to our church, Christal, and I. At the end of this school year Matt, Holly and Carmen will return to America and Christal and I will take over the College group next year, The Lord willing.
We are in the process of planning an Bilingual Bible Study on Sunday Morning hoping to draw the students who come on Tuesday to study the Bible more in depth. However there are some details that are needed to be worked out, so please pray for guidance and wisdom as we seek to start this new group as well as provisions to meet certain needs to make this happen.

Wife:
Pray, pray, pray that the Lord sends my parents a wonderful daughter-in-law.

I know I have rambled long enough so I will stop here for now. I will try to post again soon, but make no promises. I would also like to hear from you if you get that opportunity.

Blessings in the Name of Jesus Christ the Lord of all


Joshua

1 comment:

  1. wowww.... there's a lot of significant others update... wonder what's been going on YOUR mind lately hahha

    ReplyDelete